Explore Pork Chop Gaming

Monday 17 November 2014

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor: Conversion Part V

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion

After some time out (due to real life) I have finally got stuck back into my Inquisitor conversion. So much has happened since I first started this, mainly the release of Codex Inquisition and my own changes in taste. I have had a vision for two types of Inquisitor for some time now. An Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with a Storm Trooper type retinue, and this Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with a specific team of throne agents. Both Inquisitors having various supporting transports mainly a Valkyrie though.

With the release of the new Codex Inquisition, I can actually field these units legally in a game which is a total bonus as I never thought I would be able to. I almost feel like GW stole my thoughts lol. And if your reading GW, we could really do with a 28mm Inquisitor Skirmish game!

Anyway, the Xenos Inquisitor is coming along nicely and I will be delving into him and his retinue with renewed gusto, Below is the progress so far. Keep an eye out for one of his Throne Agents as well. Elexia Saphyre will be infiltrating soon.

Inquisitor
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
So the main advancments this time are as follows. The Power / Force sword now has some power line on both side to give it that powered effect. The right arm now has a sleeve turned up on it to match the left and I have put the head in place and green stuffed the neck. I was not sure about adding the head at this stage but figured I would be able to paint it just as well stuck on rather than off, plus I needed to get the neck done.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
The power lines on the sword blade are the same length on both sides and once painted should look OK.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
I wanted to arm him with a needle pistol, just something a little different and I had an image of what I wanted to do. But I was led to reconsider after realising that if he ever came up against light armour he would be in trouble. So I changed my mind and gave him a Plasma Pistol instead. I managed to get hold of some small Forge World Plasma Pistols so the scale was right for him.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
Not sure if I want to add some shoulder guards on him yet, what are your thoughts? Bearing in mind the jacket and arms will be that same colour. But then I could add onto the shoulder guards some =][= symbols, again thoughts?
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
The start of his sword scabbard that will be strapped to his back. This is being made out of two Grey Knight Falchions. Not looking much now, but when smoothed and the details added will hopefully look good. It is just the right length for the sword to fit in.

Cyber Mastiff
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
No change to the Mastiff however I have completed the base. When painted I intend to add some watery sludge into the grills, almost like it is a drain or something.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
I do love this model!
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion

Elexia Saphyre
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
So here is the start of a very daunting figure. This will eventually be Elexia Saphyre, an imperial throne agent. The base model is a Dark Elf Sorceress and I have already hacked it apart. This will look totally different by the time I have finished, but I needed the base to build upon.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
Not shown here but her legs have been heated and bent in making her look a bit funny at the moment, but after the build up of green stuff will look like she is standing with her legs together with one slightly behind the other. More on Saphyre soon. Oh you can also see an image of what I want her to look like on the side bar to the right.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Conversion
And here is her proposed base. Plain and simple but matching the others on the team. I am hoping that the model will be enough to not warrant a more detailed base.

As I said though, this is well out of my comfort zone and will be a very testing modelling experience!

The Inquisitor will be finished soon apart from the painting as will the Cyber Mastiff. My Imperial Enforcer will have a few changes made and I will show him soon.

As a parting thought, I am still in need of a name for my Inquisitor. I just can't seem to find one that is fitting. Any suggestions feel free to comment. Any held on painting red leather would also be helpful!

~ Roll Dice and Have Fun @ Pork Chop Gaming ~


Please visit our ‘Forum’ & ‘Facebook’ pages for even more PCG content!



No comments:

Post a Comment